actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

Monday, May 5, 2014

Livin' La Liebster Loca.

So my fellow blogtastic, fashionisto friend Austin nominated me for a Liebster award. He described it best in his blog so here's a little snippet from the entry:

"The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. It's not a tangible award, rather it's a means of encouragement and networking. ("liebster" is the German word for dearest, favorite, darling, etc.)"

Read the his full entry here. Seriously, read it. Dude knows his dudz. Also he's cute. And he's my best friends boyfriend. JUST GO READ IT HE'S AWESOME, OKAY!

So the rules are as follows:

1) Accept the nomination and begin a Liebster Award blog post----check
2) Thank your nominator! Thank you bb! Kiss, kiss. Let's have a martini soon, k? Or like five. Okay, seven martinis. Let's each have seven martinis soon, k?
3) List 11 facts about yourself----on it
4) Answer your nominator's 11 questions----you betcha
5) List 11 new questions for your nominees----can do
6) List your nominees!---I shall spread the bloggy love!

Shall we begin, darlings?

Facts About Me:

1) I've been wanting a new tattoo for about two years. I've had a series of ideas come and go but I just couldn't ever commit. Which is weird for me. Of the three tattoos I have, I got two on the same day (my 18th birthday) and one totally spur of the moment with my best friend. I regret none of them....yet now I have anxiety to get a new one. Maybe because I can't decide where I would want it to go...maybe I'm subconsciously being responsible because as an actress, tattoos are just another thing to worry about concealing on stage...or maybe I'm a weenie. I don't want to be a weenie, so I'll blame the other two.

2) I don't really like hot coffee. It's just stressful. Like when you get it---you either brave the consequences and just dive in and have a sip, risking burning your tongue so badly that that you contemplate cutting it off entirely (just me?) OR you wait, play it safe...and hope it stays in that "middle-drinkable-not too hot-but not gross lukewarm" area before slipping into nasty stale coffee land. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd rather drink watered down iced coffee than stale, cold, once-hot coffee.

3) I really wish I could pull off a middle part. My bangs and face shape just won't support me in my hairstyle endeavors.

4) I have major store anxieties. Let me explain. I prefer to do my shopping alone and uninterrupted, unless of course I need help or have a question, in which case I'll find an employee and go from there. When I enter a store that really pushes "customer service" (more like buzzards flying overhead, waiting to tear into you to get some commission) (I told you, major anxiety) then one of two things happens. I will either 1)Be their ideal customer because I suck at telling strangers no ("Oh, yes, I know I only came in to look for a pair of jeans but I'll try on the seven shirts you brought to my dressing room and probably end up buying one because I feel like this dressing room has become a cage" OR 2) I'll leave. I will turn right back around and leave if I know I can't handle "the cage" or "the buzzards". It's a problem, y'all. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE AND LET ME SHOP.

5) This may come as a shock to the general public, but my fiancé Tyler doesn't actually have an obsession with dressing himself in plaid shirts...I do. I think he looks like a cute little lumber jack and I love it, okay?! It's me. The plaid obsession is...me. He's just a good sport.

6) I hate the smell of peaches, or really anything super fruity. Well, with the exception of lemons and oranges-I love citrus smells. Besides that though, I really prefer heavier, muskier, and or/floral scents.

7) I don't like BeyoncĂ©. I'm sorry, I know. I'm sure you gasped, most people do. Unless you're my mom who doesn't like any pop artists ever. Except for ABBA...which is truly shocking...but yeah, I dunno'. I'm all for what she represents, being a strong woman and proud of it, but basically I just don't like her music and she seems like if I saw her at Starbucks she'd be kind of snotty. Y'know?

8) If something is in slow motion I will lose it. I love, love it when stuff is in slow motion. I think it makes everything infinitely funnier.

9) I wish I had (or knew of having) a family crest. Like, I think that would be a really amazing thing to have a piece of jewelry made for. Just something that's a part of you, something classy, interesting, and personal.

10) PIXAR kinda' grosses me out. (Toy Story trilogy excluded from said grossness)

11) I am obsessed with the 1920's. Not like "Oh, Great Gatsby just came out, I love the 20's now!" but like I'm weird about it. The whole culture, the fashion, the music, the art, the people-I find it fascinating. I think in a past life I could have easily hung around Hemingway in Paris whispering scandalous things about Zelda Fitzgerald into his ear. (Only out of jealousy, of course. Zelda was the shit.)

Whew, okay. We made it through phase one.

Now to answer Mr. Ratcliff's questions:

1. Fruits or veggies?
Veggies, all the way. Try as I might, I just don't really like fruit that much.

2. What's your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas, hands down. Family, friends, food, drink, presents, dogs in sweaters. Like, hello? Perfection.

3. Apple or Android?
Apple. It's the only fruit I do like. ;)

4. If you changed your name, what would you change it to?
Something old and classic like Sophia or Stella or Hadley...or Zelda. But really, I like Kelsey. It's taken me a long time, but I can't imagine being called anything else.

5. Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my family. If I can one day have a life as richly wonderful, a marriage as strong, and dogs as cute as both my parents and my brother and Whitney have...then I'll count myself the happiest girl alive.

6. What's your spirit animal?
Y'know, I never know how to answer this. I don't think I have a favorite animal (not counting dogs in general) so I don't have a go to. I guess I'd say a Fox. They can handle themselves and they have a strong hair game, so yeah.

7. What's your guilty pleasure food?
It's so gross, but probably Hot Cheetos. Yep, those red chips that stain your fingers and set your mouth on fire....I love em'.


8. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you choose and why?
Man, that's hard. I guess I'd have to say the sense of touch. Speaking is my livelihood, hearing the voices of the ones I love means too much to lose, smelling can be so comforting, and I would never want to not be able to see. Taste can be so luxurious, fine meals, good wine and all that. Touch is the only one that could ever feel expendable.


9. What actor/actress would you choose to portray you in a movie?
Honestly, I'd choose Meryl...but I'm twenty three...so...probz Jennifer Lawrence. She's derpy, I'm derpy. My movie would be derpy. It all works out.


10. What song describes your life right now?
"The Times They Are A Changin" by Bob Dylan & "Let It Be" by the Beatles. Also "Changes" by Bowie.


11. What current fashion trend do you love right now, and what trend do you hate?
Right now I really love that wine lipstick is popping up everywhere. I've been wearing it since high school so it's not new for me, but I love having more options of color variations now that it's a hot hue! A trend I am so over is the hi-lo movement. It had it's time. For awhile now. I want my shirt to be as long in front as it is in back. GIVE THE FRONT OF MY SHIRT BACK, HI-LO!

Okay! Time for my nominees!

The only blog I can think of (that hasn't been Liebstered already ) that I always enjoy reading would be the lovely Victoria Massey's blog. Read it here! Consider yourself Liebstered, Tori! Here are your questions:

1) What would be your idea of the ultimate, lavish vacation-expenses be damned?
2) What style of literature do you enjoy the most?
3) If you were an alcoholic beverage, which would you be and why?
4) What are three beauty products you couldn't live without?
5) What is your favorite flower and why?
6) If you could live in another decade for a week, which one would it be?
7) What is a hip trend going on now that really bugs you?
8) What is your TV guilty pleasure?
9) What is your favorite book and why?
10)What celebrity would you trade hair with if you could?
11) How do you relax after a long day?

Alrighty, folks! There yah' have it!


XOXO,

Kelsey

1 comment: