actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tests, Tenors, & Texas.

Hello again, my few friends that read this! Hey Sierra! XOXO Addie! Oh, hi Mom, I see yah' there! I love you!


Okay, now that the proper greetings have been doled out to all my adoring fans, let's begin.

Y'all, things have been BANANAS lately. (Thank you Gwen Stefani for providing me with a lifelong reference to check my spelling on that particular word. Wish my English teachers throughout the years had been as effective. I will forever spell definitely "definetely" because you didn't write a pop song about it, Mrs. Murnan!)

Updates:

-I took the GRE. It was just as grueling as I figured it would be.

-I completed my service learning hours for Psychology. I volunteered at Infant Crisis Services. It was nice, the people were great, the baby clothes were adorable and the cause itself is honorable.

-I was on costume crew for UCO's opera. I am so, so glad to have this little monkey off of my back. My fellow crewmates were awesome (GO SNACK PACK FO' LYFE) and the work load was ridiculously easy (Hallelujah)...but it was still very time consuming. I am quite grateful to have my evenings back.

-I'm about 80% through with all of final assignments. (Not to be confused with my actual finals. Those little betches are waiting for me next week.) I got my big psychology paper written and with the help of my psych grad student cousin Tiffany, I may actually get a good grade on it! APA is hard, y'all. So s/o to Tiff, you da' bomb girl. I also am more than halfway done with my big costume final. We were assigned a play (I got "Still Life With Iris") and a character within the play (I got Grotto Good) to design a costume for. I've got five of my six sketches done and I'm like geekily proud of them.


 
I had to use source images to look at while I drew them but still, man! No tracing or anything~* Now I just have to do one final sketch that combines all of these and write some papers to go with.
 
Let's see...what else has been goin' on...



Oh, I almost forgot.

Actually, I just saved the best piece of Kelsey Fisher news for last...I'm tricky that way...

I WAS ACCEPTED INTO TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY'S MASTERS PROGRAM!

This little Broncho (now future Red Raider) is going to get her MFA in Performance and Pedagogy starting next Fall down in Lubbock, Texas.

I literally cannot describe with the appropriate wordage just the sheer amount utter excitement I feel. Mainly cuz' I don't know words that are big and smart enough to accurately live up to how I feel. But y'know what? THEY'LL PROBABLY TEACH ME THOSE BIG SMART SMARTY PANTS WORDS IN GRAD SCHOOL! WHAT?!

So, for now, these words will have to suffice: relief, joy, peace. All of these things and a million more like them. Plus I'm just glad to be a Red Raider again. I wonder if they'll let me bring my old uniform?


  
That's me on the left. Cheers Red Raiders, Betches.
 

 
Recreation. Except besides my gun bein' raised literally nothing is the same as the previous picture in any way, shape or form.
 
 
Anyways. I am so incredibly happy. Truly. This is exactly what I had spent my nights dreaming about. I had a reoccurring vision these past couple of months, especially during when I was waiting to hear back from Tech. They were visions of Tyler and I in our new Lubbock house. Winston was there. We sat in a comfy edge of a room that was painted a soft, warm orange.  And we were happy. It was so good. This specific snapshot popped into my head constantly. Now it will be a reality. Orange wall, and all.
 

So, y'all, that means only a matter of four hot summer months and a state line stands between me and my new home, new school, my exciting new life chapter. Luckily I'll have my guy at my side. I couldn't imagine how scary this massive change would be without Tyler. What would I do without my rock, my everything? Luckily I'll never have to find out.

Oddly enough, as it stands right now...I'm not really scared at all.
 
Maybe it just hasn't hit me yet...but I really don't feel any fear. I just feel....excited.
 
Excited to sell our house here and buy one together down there. I love that Tyler will get a say in this process. Like yeah, he loves our home here as much as I do...but he wasn't involved in the picking process. He doesn't know what it is to suddenly find yourself agonizing about which house had the prettier shade of brick! Which would have better sun for a little garden! None of the weird little things you'd never think you'd care about until all the sudden you CARE about them. But he will. I feel it. He'll care about the bricks and the flowers and the babe. (That's me, duh.) He can help me keep my head on straight. He can say things like "Babe, once we get these walls painted, the room won't feel so old. We'll freshen everything up!" or "Kosey, remember? You wanted a bigger kitchen. Don't fall in love with this one just because it's already cute."

Now, with all that being said....that isn't a promise that I'll always listen to the loving advice and input he'll have...but I love that he'll have it. Love that this house will be ours. Together.
 
Excitement to go to a college whose school colors I actually wear naturally, anyways. (black and red) I'll always look like the proudest of students. That's gotta' be a plus, right? GO RAIDERS!
 
Excitement that I have a friendly face waiting for me in the department already. I am so thankful to have KJ Rhodes' smiling face waiting for me in Lubbock. I have absolutely no doubt that he will help me in all of my new endeavors in any way he can.
 
Excited for all the new people, friends and professors, that I'll meet and work with. New people to learn and grow from.
 
I'm excited for Tech's theatre season next year. It's pretty incredible. Whether it be on stage or in the audience, I can't wait to be a part of it all.
 
Everyone's all "Ohhhh, Lubbock? Man it's hot there. Also flat. It's hot and flat...................."
 
And I'm all like
 
"OHHH LUBBOCK, IT'S WHERE MY DREAMS ARE GOING TO START COMING TRUE. I AM GOING TO BE BEGINNING THE PATH TOWARDS GETTING MY MFA WHICH IS A STEP CLOSER TO BECOMING A COLLEGE THEATRE PROFESSOR WHICH IS WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE SO BADLY SO BRING ON THE HOT, BRING ON THE FLAT. THEY ALREADY FEEL LIKE A PART OF ME, THEY ALREADY FEEL LIKE HOME."

 
Y'know?


Anyways. It's been a busy few months but all the stress I've felt and all the stress I haven't even begun to feel yet is so, so, so incredibly worth it.

I'm makin' my dreams come true one baby step at a time.

Well, like a baby that's wearing Gianni Bini heels and carrying a trenta iced black coffee.

XOXO,

Kelsey
 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. HIIII!!!
    awwww i am so so so excited for you kels! :)

    ReplyDelete