I (with assistance from Tyler) have almost completed my first One Act Play!
This may seem like nothing for most. But I'm no playwright...so I'm quite proud.
The most challenging part of it all? It was a genre specific class assignment. I didn't just sit down and let my imagination take the reigns. I had a genre of playwrighting, a movement of theatrical history, to stick to. And a hard one at that, one that I don't even care for that much.
Expressionism.
I looked at this assignment like a bug. It was big and scary and somebody was gana' have to deal with it.
Not only did I deal with it to the best of my abilities, I'm actually pretty proud of the concept and script I worked up!
I really hope my group likes it. Even if they don't, even if the whole thing gets scrapped...I achieved something I didn't think I could do. I actually wrote a piece of theatre.
I had to brag online for a second. I chose this site because I'm pretty sure nobody reads anything I write on here. So it's bragging that I don't have to feel too douchey for! ....right?
:)
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment