-School
I know it's weird for a college student to wish for the life of academia to be back when it's still Summer vacation. But I'm a weird college student. I mainly just need to be surrounded by the people of the theatre department again, I need my classes to be chalked full of lessons that I actually care about again, and most importantly, I seriously need to act again. I need to get back to a real life. Not work, play, sleep, repeat. I don't do well with that for very long. I'm the type of person that needs to feel useful and important and busy. Most of the time at work I feel crabby and unappreciated and jipped by customers. Also, sleeping until 1 or 2 pm every day is a great way to make yourself feel like a slob. For a couple of weeks, awesome. For a couple of months, ew.
-Fall
Those that know me already know that I cannot stand Summer weather. I'm talking old fashion, 95 degree heat Summers. I hated those. I hate to be hot. It turns me into a bickering mad woman. Then, along comes THIS SUMMER. I put that in all caps to let you know I'm yelling it. Not out loud or anything, I'm not crazy, geez. Internet yelling. Anyways, this Summer has been horrifying and infuriating. And I'm not even a farmer. Those guys must really be mad. It's just awful outside and I'm starting to forget what grey sky and cool wind and leaves that are alive look and feel like. I need my favorite season to arrive. I need to roll down the windows of my car and sing pretty songs as it starts to sprinkle rain. I need that, that's my therapy.
I don't want it to seem that my Summer has been awful, it hasn't. It's brought about some lovely things. (Didn't you read my last post, Nobody?) But I must admit that it's starting to wear me down. Or sweat me out. Whichever comes first. I need a fresh breath of energy and zest. I feel like a kid counting down the days until Christmas (which I totally still do, by the way).
That's all, Nobody. Now go run along and play with your friends.
-Kelsey


No comments:
Post a Comment