actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Setting Sail for the Stinky Shreve.

Hey babes. Hope all is well in Youville, USA.

Things are a little stressy here in Koseyland. Why, you ask? Well I'll tell you. Also thanks for asking that was really polite of you. This post could have been pretty awkward if you didn't. Also really short. Too short to even count as an entry, basically. You know what? You did my blog a service and for that I love you. Sorry if that's moving to fast. SORRY I'M NOT SORRY THAT IS.

Okay.

Next week I leave for Shreveport, Louisiana for a whole week. Well, me and half the theatre department. We leave to go compete via acting at the American College Theatre Festival. I could explain all the goings-on that the festival offers students and faculty but I don't feel like it so yeah.

I remember last year when I was gearing up to go to ACTF (this will be my fifth year attending the festival as a nominee. ~~~~****) it was the first time it was in Shreveport. (Two years ago it was in Norman, the previous two years before that were in Amarillo, Texas. I know, right?) and I was SO EXCITED! YOU MEAN I GET TO GO TO A FESTIVAL THAT ISN'T IN A CITY WHERE "BOOTS N JEANS" WAS THE NICEST STORE OR THAT IS LITERALLY TWENTY MINUTES AWAY FROM MY HOUSE AND THEY'RE STILL MAKING ME STAY AT A HOTEL???!!!!!!! YAAAS

Wrong. Shreveport stinks. Like not in an "aw sucks, this isn't what I expected" kind of way. In a "I think the air is made of ass" way. Y'all dig?

Okay, okay. That was a little harsh. We did have some fun. Here are the appropriate amount of pictures to convey the appropriate amount of fun we had.


 


 
K, slideshow over. I feel I've redeemed my trash talk a little. The food really was good, the theatre really was beautiful, we did enjoy some of the scenery....and the Walmart really did sell children's slippers adorned with beer logos.

So now I'm at the worst phase of pre-trip planning.

Now I have to pack.

Last year I packed cutesy clothes thinking we would see all kinds of cool sights and go to all kinds of fun places. And we tried, y'all. There just aren't many sights to see or places to be. So my packing mantra for this trip is less "VACAY" and more "STAYCAY". Last year their little Yankee Candle (located across the giant bridge that separated Outlet-Mall-Shreveport from Possibly-Armed-Homeless-Man Shreveport) made a killing off of me. This year I will be more diligent about my packing. I will make sure and supply myself some creature comforts to aid in my de-stressing and de-Shreveing. I'm gana' go pack now.

This is me packing.

 

Okay, in reality I'm going to have a cup of coffee and take a bath. BUT THEN IT'S TOTAL PACK PARTY~~~*

Any tips y'all have when it comes to packing? Anything you couldn't live without when you go on your journeys? Any tricks to stave off the Stink of the Shreve? Let me know! I'd love to hear!

Bon Voyage, beauties! (That's fancy talk for "See you after my 9 hour drive in a minivan! Beauties!")

xoxo,
Kelsey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment