actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

actress/Starbucks enthusiast/crazy haired lady

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hang on,

I'm going to go make a cup of coffee, I'll be right back.

Okay, I'm back.
Thanks for waiting.
Yes, I did put too much milk in my coffee, but hey. I'll deal.

It's been a festive couple of weeks, I must say.

The improv show went very well. I was super proud of myself and Heather (the fellow newbie in the performance) because I really felt we held our own amongst a group of champ improv veterans. Any time I improv, I feel like I'm getting more and more past the fear I still kind of have for it.

But yeah, that was a lot of fun. I'd love to sub in with them again!

The weekend of the fourth was very nice. Great to be with family, great to float out in the dirty lake and cautiously tan through a shield of 30 proof. (Hey, after a second degree burn, you'll be wary, too!) And that whole last sentence wasn't even sarcastic, I really do enjoy being in that dirty lake. (Assuming I'm not in it at night, not in it by myself, and not in it without a beer in my hand.)

Me and Addie finally got those tattoos we've been talking about for over two years. I know they aren't great pieces of art, and people don't really know what to say when they see them because they are just three letter words simply written in plain text on our feet. Nothing any tattoo artist would brag about or put in their books. But who gives a fuck? These tattoos (Sea-mine, Sky-hers) commemorate a time (a very important time) in our young adult lives. It represents who we were and how we grew past all that and are still here for each other. It's all very cheesy and Brady Bunch, but hey, it's ours.

Ummmm what else?

Tyler and I are coming up on our one year mark. That's exciting. And crazy. We've hit many rough patches, I've been a huge brat, he's been a slightly smaller brat, but we're still goin'. It's such a comfortable love. I don't want to gush about it or anything, but if I mentioned beer cans in the dirty lake, my amazing and understanding and loving boyfriend probablyyy deserved some kind of shout out. I guess. :)


Oh, and I'm seeing Harry Potter tonight. End of an era, y'all.

Okay, I think that's all the updates I have.

This post was much more upbeat than the previous thousand. Sorry I'm such a snark.

-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment